- Small potatoes / Baby Potatoes – 35
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp.
- Dhaniya powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Asafetida – 2 pinches
- Roasted cumin seeds powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – As needed
- 1 Onion (optional)
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Pressure cook baby potatoes with enough water for 2-3 whistles.
- Peel off the skin and keep it aside.
- Heat a Kadai with oil and temper with mustard and curry leaves. You can add sliced onions now (if using) and roast till they turn pink.
- Put the flame to low and add asafetida, red chilli powder, turmeric, dhaniya powder and give it a quick stir.
- Add salt, 2 tbsp. of water and the cooked potatoes.
- Give it a mix.
Serve as a side dish with Rice, Rasam or Sambar.